Friday, November 4, 2011

‘Through the Looking Glass … a Lens on Quality Preschools’

It was lovely to be invited by the Early Childhood Unit for the NSW Department of Education and Communities to present a keynote and also facilitate a workshop at the conference. This conference was titled ‘Through the Looking Glass … a Lens on Quality Preschools’.


 The second day saw a range of workshops facilitated by the following people and a few others.....
My keynote was entitled Sustainable Leadership: A time to reflect, re-imagine and to reconstruct’ and the workshop was titled ‘Pedagogical Leadership: A powerful opportunity to build learner identity via ‘learning story philosophy’.

 
The work was enthusiastically received, some of the comments sent from the organizers following the conference included the following:  
“Participants all agreed that your presentations met the highest possible rating and their comments supported these ratings. I have added a small sample of these for you as follows:

It is so good to be reminded of the importance of positive interactions.
Find the magic... I loved that. I am making it my new philosophy/goal.
This presentation was so thought provoking and powerful making me think about how/why I work with
young children. 
I love Wendy’s stories that she uses to build relationships.
I love the slow schooling theory...a real inspiration.
This was first class...a real joy. Fantastic content and presentation.
Thought provoking!
What a wonderful keynote speaker..

Thank you for helping early childhood teachers have a voice- promoting the child’s strengths and interests, not a K-6 curriculum push.”

After the two day conference. We (Dave and I) went on to have a lovely weekend in Sydney. See photos of this on my personal blog http://wendyelp.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Sneha Vyas said...

kindergarten school in India are an extension for your child's quality learning experience that begins with our kids play school and Nursery programs and aims at preparing kids for a successful career.